Monday, March 10, 2008

Combating global warming

This one is inspired by TMM's post. Actually, I was writing a comment to that one, but then it turned out to be such a long one, I thought I'd use it here.


My sweet hubby found this here. Isn't it really cute?!

I'm a big believer in conservation. And I pay attention to tiny things like:
  • using as few plastic bags as possible,
  • not throwing trash anywhere other than a dust bin,
  • separating as much wet and dry garbage as I can,
  • switching off the car/bike at traffic signals that last longer than 30 seconds,
  • using the blank side of printed papers that are no longer useful,
  • reusing gift warps,
  • using only the necessary amount of soap when cleaning utencils, and
  • pointing out to literate (can't call 'em educated) morons that they are doing their country and future generations a crime by littering.
On the flip side:
  • I liberally use pesticides... I kill a cockroach when I see one... can't stand the sight of them. All other creatures I let go, unless they are eating up supplies or something like that.
  • I don't go the entire mile in disposing electronic waste correctly.
  • There may be more, but I don't remember at the moment. If someone sees me doing something really stupid, you're welcome to smack me on the head and remind me of this brag-filled post!

No comments: