Friday, March 20, 2009

Beautiful quote(s)

... that I came across when I was hunting for Calligraphy courses online.

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value."

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection."

~ Thomas Paine

I don't whether they were quoted in continuation, but they do seem to go together.

(Hubs, you got to think about the second one.)

3 comments:

Deepanjan Ghosh said...

What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly - ain't that the truth!!!

Pallavi Sharma said...

Yep, that one or ones like it always hold my attention and I keep thinking / talking about it long after I've read it.

Site manager said...

I have a quote book (the boys tell me I am the biggest dork EVER) that I write down good quotes and these are going in there, right now in the middle of all my drama, they are perfect.