Friday, March 20, 2009

Stealing a bloggie game / tag / meme / whatever-you-call-it

... for the first time ever, from Double-Dolphin, my one and only commenter for the past few months. Thanks for this, dude! I sooooooooo wanted to do a fun post today. So here goes...

AGO S.I


Everything in the world may be endured
as much as you please

No matter how rich you become
you are disbelieved

A myth is a religion in which
you don't stop biting your fingernails

A verbal contract isn't worth
a good five-cent nickel

You can observe a lot
that would suffice


Here are the rules:
  1. Go to wikipedia
  2. Hit "random"or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
  3. Set the title of the first random wikipedia article that appears as the title of your poem
  4. Go to "Random quotations"or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
    • Select the first three or five words of the very first quote on the page for the first line of your poem
    • Select the last three or five words of the next quote on the page for the second line of your poem
    • Select the first three or five words of the third quote on the page for the third line
    • ...and then use alternate quotes until you’ve made it to the last quote
  5. Go to flickr and click on "explore the last seven days" or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
  6. The fifth picture, no matter what it is, should be your poem image; this is optional
Here's what I did could do:
  1. Accessed to wikipedia
  2. Clicked http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
  3. Set the title of the first random wikipedia article that appeared as the title of my poem
  4. Clicked http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
    • Used the first three or five few suitable words of the very first quote on the page for the first line of my poem
    • Used the last three or five few suitable words of the next quote on the page for the second line of my poem
    • Used the first three or five few suitable words of the third quote on the page for the third line of my poem
    • ...and then used alternate quotes until I made it to the last quote
  5. Flickr and Picasa are both banned in my office, and so are most of the picture / photo websites
  6. ... so I simply used a picture that I had just stolen download from my arty friend's blog this week, because I wanted a picture even though this was optional
Of course, the freaking title has nothing to do with the image or the text that follows. Drat!

But some of the quotes do make a meaningful / fun poem when mashed up together like this:
A verbal contract isn't worth a good five-cent nickel! Beat that!!
...and what can I say, I'm very mythical :) (Line 3, you dummies!)

11 comments:

Deepanjan Ghosh said...

Woah! Your poem is so much better than mine...and makes so much more sense...as for the comments, it was my pleasure. I shall keep on commenting, if you keep on writing. I like your blog. Lots of food for thought.

Pallavi Sharma said...

Heh-heh! Thank you :)

Rashmi Patel said...

lol...it was as if the picture received a "depth" through the words. :)

Pallavi Sharma said...

glad u think so, rash :)

Deepanjan Ghosh said...

Come on lazy bones...NEW POST...NEW POST...NEW POST!!! YEAH!!!

Pallavi Sharma said...

Guilty as charged.
And here's the new one: http://simplypallu.blogspot.com/2009/04/cy-09-q1-analysis.html

Thanks for the push. I almost started writing a new one the day you said it, but then laziness won the battle. :(

Mani The Monk said...

hey p[allu

nice one man... !!

cheers

Pallavi Sharma said...

Mani. Long time no see. Howdy?

Mani The Monk said...

was just around... u kno was just too lazy to leave a comment to ur posts....lol !!
u have been good??? keep writing keep rolling !!
cheers....

Pallavi Sharma said...

Yup, been good. Updates coming soon.
Nice to see you stop by :)

Mani The Monk said...

come over sometime by my blog as well... most welcome.... though a different writing from what u do.. yet worth it i guess... hic hic hic...
god bless