Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Presenting in PJs

...is such fun!

I hadn't intended to, though. I was supposed to make a presentation over a Webex meeting at work this evening. My session kept getting delayed, and the hubs was out for a work event, so I had to get home not-too-late for the poor, lonely pooches.

I realized just in time, and as the presenter before me was about to finish, I requested a couple of folks who were supposed to present after me to prepone their sessions. I rushed home in my trusty old car, which we're sadly about to sell off. Changed, gave the pooches their treats--no dinner today, because they have upset stomachs and aren't eating--poured myself a bowl of cornflakes-chocolate-powder-milk, and sat at my desk. I finished eating just in time for the ongoing session to end.

Supercharged and relaxed at the same time, I delivered the presentation smoothly--and a tad hurriedly in my own opinion, but what do you do when there's stony silence on the line from the others, and what you're talking about it considered to be the least important stuff among the others'?!

Then, I let the pooches run amok, but all they wanted to do was photobomb this PJ-clad presenter. ;)

PS: That's the Ink Sketch artistic effect from Paint.NET. Sweet, innit?

2 comments:

shrik said...

You were ahead of your time. Today, presenting in PJs is the new normal.

Pallavi Sharma said...

@Shrik, of I've been doing that since at least a decade earlier, and I'm sure many others have done that even before me. That particular day, me being to able make it in time, the pooches being quiet during the presentation, me being able to take that picture and then having the enthusiasm to apply an effect and then actually blogging about it all lined up. That's a rare sequence of events to occur.